Friday, September 9, 2011

Help!

So I have a very gifted student who is all boy! He is super busy and makes buzzing noises and whistles all day long. He goes to our districts enrichment program on Fridays. Here he gets to do lots of hands on science activities and such. It's fabulous for him. (And me too, because I need a break some days. :) )

Thursday he was goofing around in his reading station. I pulled him to have a little conference with him about why he was playing instead of working and found out that he'd rather play with toys in stations. We talked about how that probably wouldn't happen, but I could definitely see what I could come up with that would be something that he liked.

We talked about what things he was interested in learning about. Lots of boy things like: Transformers, Pokemon, Mario, bugs, science, food, outerspace, muscle cars and racing. He doesn't like writing, but I found that I could probably get him to write if I gave him themed paper.

I'm going to be searching for station activities that are very boy themed. Or creating them if I can't find them.

Here's where you can help....if you read this.....

Do you know of any boy themed literacy or math stations???

I teach first grade, but he's probably at a middle second to beginning third grade level (DRA's from last year are lost). I'm going to focus more on reading comprehension and building vocabulary because he pretty much has all the decoding skills needed. If you can help or point me in the right direction, I would be so thankful!!

Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment