Here's my currently for April. Link up with Oh' Boy Fourth Grade.
I can't believe it's already April. We just have three very short weeks until our big state test.
Our 3rd, 4th and 5th graders start their testing this week. Tensions are very elevated in our building. We're still getting new kids. I guess everywhere does, but it seems like we get so many of them.
The K room next to me is getting a new girl tomorrow. The teacher was told she has "mood disorder". She already has three strong behavior/emotionally unstable boys in her room. One of them cannot sit still for more an 45 SECONDS at a time. Yes, SECONDS!!! She has been timing him when they're on the carpet. This one tried to get her with scissors the other day. Oh..and we're his FOURTH school this year!!! Another boy is self-harming. He wants people to cut him or put shoelaces/etc around his neck. These K's make me fearful for my life next year....whatever next year may be. But that's another post for another day...
Here's how I did the "Currently" on my Mac...
1. Saved the blank image to my computer
2. Opened Keynote (Apple's Powerpoint...I chose the white background and started with a blank slide)
3. Insert to Choose (all the way at the bottom of the choices)
4. Found where I saved the image and inserted into the blank slide
5. Added a text box and my answers for each one
6. When I was finished, I went to File and chose Export. From there I could chose image and then clicked on Next.
7. I gave it a title and clicked Export.
8. I had to open the image into Picassa to crop the white spaces. I'm not sure if there's a way to do that in the first place. This is the first time I've done this on my Mac. I just played around with it.
9. Saved the image again and then uploaded it to my blog