Thursday, March 31, 2011

Decorah Eagles

At lunch today, several of the teachers were talking about the Decorah Eagles in Iowa. There are three bald eagle eggs that are about to hatch. They were laid February 23 and are projected to begin hatching TOMORROW! I showed them to my kiddos after lunch. We were late getting to the Library because they didn't want to leave the eagle. They kept asking me to go back and start the video over again or stop it so we wouldn't miss anything. I don't think they quite got that it was a live stream. Some of them even asked to stay in from recess to watch. Oh..and two of my boys grabbed Bald Eagle non-fiction books to check out from our library.

My kids actually got to see both the male and female eagle as switched incubation duty after we got back to the room from the library. It's so fascinating.

My mom even called me to tell me about it during lunch. She heard that the female had died or been killed(a long while ago) and the male took on another female, but I can't verify that.

Here's the link so you can check it out: Decorah Eagles

Now to find as much information on them as possible to share with my kids tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment